Questions about QDS Clusters¶
The topics that follow provide answers to questions commonly asked about QDS clusters:
- 1. Why didn’t my cluster come up?
- 2. How long does a Qubole Hadoop Cluster take to come up?
- 3. In whose account are clusters launched?
- 4. When are clusters brought up and shut down?
- 5. When are clusters auto-scaled?
- 6. Should I have one large auto-scaling cluster or multiple smaller clusters?
- 7. Are files from a Hadoop archive extracted to a specific folder by default?
- 8. Will HDFS be affected by cluster auto-scaling?
- 9. How do I check if a node is a master node or a slave node?
- 10. Does Qubole store any data?
- 11. Can the data stored on a Cloud instance be encrypted?
- 12. Can I use Python 2.7 for Hadoop tasks?
- 13. Why are so many idle mappers seen on an Hadoop Cluster?
- 14. Can I submit Hive Commands to a Spark Cluster and is it supported?
- 15. Do I need to bake a Paravirtual Image for bringing up the clusters?