Early Availability Program¶
Early Availability Program (EAP) is a Qubole initiative that allows existing customers to try new releases and features before they are generally available.
Participating in EAP¶
The following list provides the criteria to consider participating in EAP:
- EAP is recommended for customers who want to be among the first to be informed about the new release and get an early access to new features as soon as they are released.
- EAP is recommended for customers who have dedicated time to test new releases and features when invited.
- EAP is recommended for customers who want to engage early, report issues, or provide feedback.
Ensure that you create a test account and build some test workloads as appropriate. You can also clone the production account to create a test account.
Refer to these topics for cloning an account:
Perform these steps in the test account:
Navigate to Control Panel > Account Settings. It has Early Availability Program Sign-up as shown in this figure.
Choose this option only in test accounts. Qubole strongly recommends trying a new release on test workloads rather than trying it out on real-time/production workloads as there is no SLA adherence.
Select Early Availability Program Sign-up.
You have signed up for EAP. Qubole acknowledges that you have signed up with a welcome notification email.
Post Signing Up for EAP¶
After signing up for EAP, the process works as follows:
- Early Availability program is as an ongoing program.
- Customers are informed regularly about the availability of new releases or upcoming features before they are generally available, through a notification email.
- Customers are encouraged to try new features and releases when you are notified about their early availability.
- To report issues or provide feedback, create a ticket with Qubole Support. You should add a prefix, release name_EAP- (for example, R59_EAP-) to the subject of the support ticket followed by a description.