Early Availability Program¶
Early Availability Program (EAP) is a Qubole initiative that allows existing customers to try new releases and features before they are available in a customer’s production account.
Participating in EAP¶
The following list provides the criteria to consider participating in EAP:
- EAP is recommended for customers who would like to try out new releases and new features early in a test account before they become available in a customer’s production account.
- EAP is recommended for customers who have dedicated time to test new releases and features when invited.
- EAP is recommended for customers who want to engage early, report issues, or provide feedback.
Ensure that you create a test account and build some test workloads as appropriate. You can also clone the production account to create a test account.
Refer to these topics for cloning an account:
Perform these steps in the test account:
Navigate to Control Panel > Account Settings. It has Early Availability Program Sign-up as shown in this figure.
Choose this option only in test accounts. Qubole strongly recommends trying a new release on test workloads rather than trying it out on real-time/production workloads as there is no SLA adherence.
Select Early Availability Program Sign-up.
You have signed up for EAP. Qubole acknowledges that you have signed up with a welcome notification email.
Post Signing Up for EAP¶
After signing up for EAP, the process works as follows:
- Early Availability program is as an ongoing program.
- Customers are informed regularly about the availability of new releases or upcoming features before they are generally available, through a notification email.
- Customers are encouraged to try new features and releases when you are notified about their early availability.
- To report issues or provide feedback, create a ticket with Qubole Support. You should add a prefix, release name_EAP- (for example, R59_EAP-) to the subject of the support ticket followed by a description.