Qubole’s Workbench is a single-page application for ad hoc analytics of data in a data lake or a connected data source. It provides an enhanced debugging experience that enables workloads to recover from errors quickly. It supports Presto, Hive, Spark, Hadoop, Shell, and DB query commands.
The key new features include:
Ad hoc Analytics¶
- The Tables tab displays nested data types.
- The Tables tab orders columns alphabetically. It also displays partitioned columns on the top.
- A table preview tab for table schema, data preview, and usage statistics is available.
Running and Analyzing results¶
- You can use Quantum to seamlessly switch between managed and serverless modes.
- Our new Single file result download feature now stitches large results into a single result file.
- The new Results tab allows you to search the displayed results.
- The application provides example queries to help you get started.
- The application generates a unique URL on clicking any table or database. You can easily share this deep URL with other users in the account.
- The application warns you when displaying commands that belong to a different account.