Questions about QDS Clusters¶
The topics that follow provide answers to questions commonly asked about QDS clusters:
- 1. Why didn’t my cluster come up?
- 2. How long does a Qubole Hadoop Cluster take to come up?
- 3. In whose account are clusters launched?
- 4. When are clusters brought up and shut down?
- 5. When are clusters autoscaled?
- 6. Should I have one large autoscaling cluster or multiple smaller clusters?
- 7. Why is my cluster scaling beyond the configured maximum number of nodes?
- 8. Will HDFS be affected by cluster autoscaling?
- 9. Are files from a Hadoop archive extracted to a specific folder by default?
- 10. How do I check if a node is a master node or a worker node?
- 11. Does Qubole store any data?
- 12. Can the data stored on a Cloud instance be encrypted?
- 13. Can I use Python 2.7 for Hadoop tasks?
- 14. Do I need to bake a Paravirtual Image for bringing up AWS clusters?
- 15. Can I submit Hive Commands to a Spark Cluster and is it supported?