Package management is a Beta feature.
The Package Management UI has been redesigned with the following new features:
Users should contact Qubole Support to enable this feature.
- ZEP-3982: Users can install packages from custom channels. Users can upload egg or wheel packages in the Python Conda environment. Users should contact Qubole Support to enable this feature.
- ZEP-4289: Users can upgrade packages version by selecting the packages from the list of packages available on the Environments page.
- ZEP-3734: The Environments page displays all types of packages, namely System, User, and User Package Dependency, with their respective versions in a table present on the home page of each environment. Users can toggle the visibility of these 3 package types by using the filter available on the column header. By default, only the User Installed Packages are displayed on the home page.
- ZEP-2031: Users can restore an environment to a previous success state from the Activity History section.
- ZEP-3618: Appropriate error message is displayed when a user tries to install an existing installed package.
- ZEP-4213: Users can now filter the list of environments based on the cluster label. This option is available in the Search Filters option on the Environment UI.
- ZEP-4273: Users can see the activity history for each environment that lists the details of package installations with the user’s email.
- ZEP-4533: The default python version when creating clusters or environments is 3.5 for the existing user accounts and 3.7 for the new user accounts.
- ZEP-3557: Users can activate either Python or R Conda environments while running
%shparagraph in Zeppelin 0.8 Notebooks and Spark
Command Linecommand from the Analyze page.
- ZEP-4040: The Environment status continued to be in
Pendingstatus when users mapped an incorrect Python or R version to the packages. With this fix, the Conda process for python packages are terminated after 20 mins of inactivity. Users should contact Qubole Support to modify the default timeout value.
For a list of bug fixes between versions R58 and R59, see Changelog for api.qubole.com.