This runbook shows steps to perform when the Hive Metastore Server is no longer live.
- Check the Hive Metastore logs for evident errors and reason for shutdown/failure.
- If the monit status says execution failed, then monit failed to restart the process. Restart the process.
- HMS logs are available on the coordinator node: “/media/ephemeral0/logs/hive1.2/hive_ms.log”
- Look for any evident errors(do basic grep and count of errors).
- Look at the dashboards defined above. (“title” is the name of the dashboard).
Restart of Process¶
sudo monit summaryfor checking the status of the process.
sudo monit stop metastore1_2for stopping the process.
sudo monit start metastore1_2for starting the process.