Notebooks are becoming increasingly popular among data scientists, who often use them for quick exploration tasks. Once set up, a notebook provides a convenient way to save, share, and re-run a set of queries on a data source– for example to track changes in the underlying data over time, or to provide different views using different parameters.
Qubole provides notebook user interfaces based on Zeppelin and Jupyter for Zeppelin notebooks and Jupyter notebooks, respectively.
Zeppelin notebooks on Qubole are based on the Apache Zeppelin implementation and provide the following advantages:
- Support Spark
- Support Presto on Cloud platforms that support Presto; see QDS Components: Supported Versions and Cloud Platforms.
- Are implemented on Hadoop clusters, providing greater compute power than a single machine, and facilitating collaboration among QDS users
- Support a range of interpreters
- Provide visualization support, including support for interactive visualizations
- Can be created and modified easily as needed by means of the QDS UI.
Currently, Jupyter notebooks are supported only on Spark 2.2 and later versions.
JupyterLab interface is a Beta feature, and is not enabled for all users by default. Contact your account executive or customer success manager to enable this feature in your account.